Customer information is not sold. We do not provide customer information to any person or organization not affiliated directly with the Wisconsin Reinsurance Corporation (WRC) or any of its subsidiaries, including 1st Auto & Casualty Insurance Company, the WRC Agency, Inc., and Wisconsin Adjusting Service, Inc. (referred to collectively in these Privacy Policies as The WRC Group) except as permitted by law. Persons or organizations acting on our behalf are also required to protect your confidentiality. Former customers, new customers, and prospective customers are provided the same protection.
We restrict access to nonpublic personal financial information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect the privacy and security of this information. We periodically review and revise our privacy practices to protect customer information.
When you first become a policyholder of 1st Auto & Casualty, and at least annually while you maintain a continuing customer relationship with 1st Auto & Casualty, we will provide you with a written notice of privacy practices.
Information We Collect
In the course of doing business with you, we will collect and use information that is necessary to service your account. We may collect information from the following sources (the examples of types of information collected from each source are not all inclusive):
- from you – on your application or other forms you complete
- from your transactions with us – payment history, underwriting, and claim documents
- from consumer reporting agencies – credit and claim history
- from your insurance agent – information in reference to your account
- governmental agencies – to obtain motor vehicle records
- medical sources – to assist in adjusting claims
Information We Collect through our Website and Automatic Data Collection Technologies
In order to better serve you, we use technologies, such as cookies, to automatically collect and store certain information when you use our website. Cookies are pieces of information that a website sends to your computer while you are viewing the website. Most of the information that we collect is not personally identifiable and is deleted at the end of your website session. The only personally identifiable information that we store after a session has ended is your username (if you check the “remember me” box). We save your username to make signing into another website session easier. However, to protect you, your user password (which is also necessary to sign in to a new session) is never stored. Your password must be re-entered each time to start a new session.
- Analytics: Technologies, such as cookies may be used to help us understand how you and other website visitors use the website so that we can make the website more usable. Personally identifiable information is not collected or stored.
- Session State: These cookies collect information about how users interact with the website. This may include the pages that users visit most often and whether users get error messages from certain pages.
The cookies used on our website do not identify you personally (except for your username, as discussed above) unless you voluntarily choose to identify yourself. Otherwise, the cookies only collect anonymous information and technical data such as your internet protocol (IP) address, browser and session ID. You can voluntarily choose to identify yourself by requesting information on your policy or a product, by printing ID cards, by requesting a quote or by completing a contact form.
Your website browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Chrome) may allow you turn off all cookies. If you turn off cookies, you may not be able to use the full functionality of the website.
Information We Disclose to Third Parties
In order to service your account, we may disclose information about you to non-affiliated third parties, but only as permitted by law. We may share information with, but not limited to, the following types of third parties:
- your insurance agency
- governmental authorities
- insurance adjusters
- consumer reporting agencies
- mortgage or premium finance companies and lienholders
We thank you for choosing The WRC Group. We appreciate having the opportunity to do business with you. If you have any questions regarding this notice, please contact us at one of the following numbers:
- WRC: (800) 939-9473
- WRC Agency, Inc.: (800) 329-7020
- 1st Auto & Casualty Insurance Company: (800) 261-2886
- Wisconsin Adjusting Service, Inc.: (800) 543-9274