- Core – Customer Service, Teamwork, Ethical, Innovation
- Claims Adjuster – Applies claims handling best practices to resolve coverage, liability and damage questions; Negotiations leverage claim file investigation details to achieve appropriate results; Recognizes not all claims are the same and appropriate claim handling may involve using different skills or approaches; Timely, clear and professional file documentation and communication; Uses resources
Other Competencies (knowledge, skills, and abilities) required of candidates:
- Required: Personal liability and or commercial general liability claims experience including property damage and injury claims; interest in or background in auto claims handling. Experience in reading insurance policies and making coverage determinations based on an investigation.
- Preferred: Some commercial claim exposure. If no commercial claims experience, exposure to home and farm liability claims with some auto experience required.
College Degree preferred
Claims Representative experience with additional self-study, AIC or CPCU in progress
Lifting Requirements: minimal
This position involves the handling of private and confidential information. It is expected that the employee will treat that information as private and confidential in accordance with the expectations and guidelines outlined in the WRC Employee Manual and any similar departmental guidelines.
Apply best claims practices to investigate, evaluate, and handle to conclusion while providing superior claims service with a high standard of professional conduct.
Demonstrate commitment to ongoing learning about claims related topics via approved, work-related continuing education seminars, classes, or self-study.
Handles most of Automobile and Liability claim types.
TYPICAL CLAIM ASSIGNMENTS:
Developing or demonstrated skills in handling litigated claims including small claims actions, litigation where there are no coverage issues present, and merits portion of split litigated files.
Interest in or developing skills in handling coverage issues.
Liability claims involving Medical Payments, Property Damage, and Bodily Injury under multiple policy lines (Automobile, Commercial, GL/CGL, HO, FO, and umbrella).
Viewed as a departmental resource for types of claims handled. Consistently exercises full range of reserve and settlement authority appropriately. Demonstrates ability to identify atypical facts, potential coverage issues, and other items requiring notice to, discussion with, or review by supervisory staff. Requires routine supervisory attention for most work, except for developing skills or atypical work.
Participation in departmental Skeleton Crew (Satellite holidays and non-holiday workday office closures).
CLAIM TEAM(S) MEMBERSHIP: Liability Group
Other duties as assigned by Claims Manager.
Other: Potential for working from home.
Computer programs required for position: Word, Outlook
Other experience required of candidates:
- Ability to successfully work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively via telephone and in writing with consumers, agents, and vendors.
- Ability to successfully work as part of a team.
- Ability to successfully prioritize/reprioritize work while timely concluding all work, including lower priority items.
- Intermediate MS Office skills.
- Basic typing ability (30 wpm +).
Job Description: Claims Rep – Level 3-4
To Apply: Send email with resume to email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject line.