Meet Jessica Eaton
Jessica Eaton recently joined WRC Agency as Account Manager- Commercial Lines Emphasis.
With more than a decade of experience in the mutual industry, Jessica brings a unique perspective to WRC Agency. Her primary responsibilities are quoting incoming commercial lines, working with agents on existing line customers and helping with personal lines.
We asked Jessica to share some of her background so you can get to know her better.
What is your background with the mutual industry?
I worked at a Missouri mutual starting in 2009 as an underwriter. In 2012, I obtained my Property and Casualty license and began servicing a book of business for the company. In 2014, I started doing the accounting side of the mutual as well as still servicing the book of business. I also became secretary/treasurer of the board at that time. In 2018. I became the office manager of the mutual and obtained my Life and Health license. I held that position until I joined WRC Agency in October 2021.
How does your mutual background help you in your work with WRC Agency and with understanding the Agency’s clients?
From servicing a book of business, I know how important it is as an agent to obtain quotes in a timely manner to keep or gain a client. When a quote comes in, I work hard to make sure those quotes get back out as soon as possible — as does everyone at WRC Agency. I know how important it is for the mutual to retain a client. Having WRC Agency as an outlet gives those agents options for getting a quote and keeping clients — we’re like a one-stop shop. It’s a good feeling when we can offer coverage that the mutual can’t and can help the agent with assisting a client.
What are you most looking forward to in your new role?
I’m looking forward to learning more of the commercial side of insurance and knowing how much more we can offer to our agents.
Some fun facts:
- Where are you from? I grew up on a farm in Urich, Missouri.
- What can you tell us about your family? I’m married to Tim and we have three boys, so life is never dull in our household. We have a family farm so when time allows, we like to go there and help when needed.
- What is your favorite vacation spot? Somewhere quiet away from the everyday craziness.
- What is your favorite book/TV show/movie/podcast? When we have time, we like to watch comedy movies. We also are big football fans around here!
- What do you like to do in your free time? In between running to sporting events for kids, I like to spend time with my parents at the farm and spoiling my sweet baby nephew as much as possible.