Job Summary: This position is responsible for performing general administrative and clerical duties in support of the Human Resources Manager; preparing payroll; orienting new employees; gathering issues and assisting in maintenance of all Human Resource functions and programs in the areas of employee relations, policy administration and records management; and administering employee benefit programs, working directly with carriers. The position is constantly involved with highly confidential information.
Provides support in recruiting process including scheduling interviews, placing postings on internal and external website, reviewing company benefits with candidates, employment screening (criminal background checks); drafting offer and hire letters; and coordinating with IS for new hire setup.
Enters information in ADP system and internal website regarding employee status changes, job title changes, benefits enrollment, etc.
Maintains effective day-to-day contact with employees and management to insure harmonious employee/company relationships. Answers employee questions and serves as an information resource to employees regarding policies, compensation, benefits, and all other employee relations issues.
- Maintain current job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications.
- Alternate preparation of payroll on a bi-monthly basis.
- Assist employees with benefit questions and/or situations.
- Maintain HR checklists and process employee events through HR checklists.
- Monitor employee time off requests in ADP and enter in FMLA time for rolling calendar time reports to be sent to TASC.
- Enter unpaid leave to payroll red folder by pay period.
- Notify TASC of events for FMLA and COBRA.
- Maintain group insurance carrier information (Unity, Delta Dental, UNUM, Empower, VSP, etc.) on carrier websites and through notice to carrier representatives.
- Process monthly Delta Dental count and monthly VSP invoice for month end GL.
- Process monthly UNUM invoices for payroll and accounting.
- Assist with maintenance of Intranet.
- Assist Human Resource Manager with company event planning.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to use good judgment and logic
- Basic knowledge of Human Resources practices and legislation (preferred)
Job Description: HR Administrative Assistant 082017
To Apply: Attach resume in box to the right, or email to email@example.com