Reports to: Assistant Claims Manager
Exempt (not subject to overtime)
- Core – Customer Service, Teamwork, Ethical, Innovation
- Claims Adjuster – Applies claims handling best practices to resolve coverage, liability and damage questions. Negotiations leverage claim file investigation details to achieve appropriate results. Recognizes not all claims are the same and appropriate claim handling may involve using different skills or approaches. Timely, clear and professional file documentation and communication. Uses resources effectively. Demonstrates ongoing learning.
Other Competencies (knowledge, skills and abilities) required of candidates:
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively on the telephone
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively
- College degree or equivalent work experience
This position involves the handling of private and confidential information. It is expected that the employee will treat that information as private and confidential in accordance with the expectations and guidelines outlined in the WRC Employee Manual and any similar departmental guidelines.
- Apply best claims practices to investigate, evaluate and handle claims to conclusion while providing superior claims service with a high standard of professional conduct.
TYPICAL CLAIM ASSIGNMENTS: LEVEL 1
- Investigate, analyze, evaluate, negotiate and resolve assigned claims including OTC, Collision, Medical Payments, Property Damage and limited Bodily Injury.
- Requires routine supervisory attention for areas of developed skills and close supervisory attention for developing skills.
- Participation in departmental Skeleton Crew (Satellite holidays and non-holiday workday office closures).
CLAIM TEAM(S) MEMBERSHIP:
- (Auto) Physical Damage Group
Other duties as assigned by Assistant Claims Manager, Claims Manager, Director of Claims
Expectation of work in the office versus remote work:
- As an entry level employee, would expect initially to spend most time in the office. Possibility of working periodically from home as skills develop. Would not be a full-time work at home position.
Computer programs required for position:
Other experience required of candidates:
- Insurance education or experience a plus.
To apply, upload resume below. Or send email with resume to email@example.com and include the job title in the email subject line.