Wisconsin Reinsurance Corporation is hiring a Vice President to supervise and lead the efforts of the Mutual Assistance Team within the Reinsurance Department. This person will work with our Senior Vice President of Reinsurance and serve as a member of the Executive Team. Primary responsibilities are to coordinate the consulting services provided to our clients in the areas of loss prevention, underwriting, and loss adjusting. Additional duties include working with client companies’ boards of directors and providing managerial guidance to client company managers. Strong interpersonal skills, effective written and verbal communication skills, and a dedication to the mutual insurance industry are important qualities for success in this position. Prior experience as a manager of a farm mutual insurance company is advantageous. Moderate travel is to be expected and a corporate vehicle will be provided.
Reports to: Senior Vice President of Reinsurance
Exempt (not subject to overtime)
- Core – Customer Service, Teamwork, Ethical, Innovation
- Senior Leader – Model the Way, Inspire Employee Commitment, Holistic Thinking, Visionary
Other Competencies (knowledge, skills and abilities) required of candidates:
- Prior management of a mutual will be considered a plus
- Good presentation skills
- Active in state and national trade associations
- Undergraduate degree or work-related experience.
Overnight Travel – Extensive overnight traveling.
Corporate Vehicle – Use of a corporate vehicle. It is the employee’s responsibility to maintain the corporate vehicle and use it in a safe and legal manner. This includes the required use of a seatbelt while operating the vehicle. Employees must also maintain all safety features of the vehicle. If any safety feature is not operating properly, the employee is required to report this to their supervisor immediately and have the safety feature repaired as soon as possible. It is also the employee’s responsibility to maintain a valid driver’s license. If an employee is traveling for business or anytime while driving a corporate vehicle, the employee must pull off to the side of the road when sending or receiving calls by cellular phone. Employees must not talk on a cellular phone while driving. If an employee must use the cellular phone while driving, the employee must use a hands-free method (such as a headset). Employees driving for business purposes or anytime while driving a corporate vehicle are not allowed to text or email while driving.
PRIMARY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Manages Mutual Assistance initiatives
- Coordinate client assistance in areas of loss prevention, underwriting, and loss adjusting, including subrogation and salvage
- Coordinate meetings for managers, new managers, industry conventions, and seminars
- Assist clients in board/manager relationships, mergers, marketing, and administration
- Identify clients that need to improve and prioritize where assistance from WRC is needed most
- Develop plans for improving client performance tailored to individual needs and evaluate the effectiveness of the plans
- Supervise Mutual Assistance team
EDUCATION & COMMUNICATION
- Communicate and coordinate activities with WRC staff
- Design, arrange, promote and present educational programs and seminars for reinsured clients
- Attend industry meetings to promote WRC and its activities
- Visit individual companies to determine needs and problems
- Assist webmaster with website for coverage issues, downloads and discussions issues
- Issue and promote alerts and newsletters on industry issues
- Assist state and national trade associations in training
RESEARCH & ANALYSIS
- Analyze current and new issues impacting reinsured client companies
- Work with Claims Consultants in identifying loss trending and patterns
- Work with Research and Development in identifying new products or program features needed by reinsured client companies
- Provide operational audits and rate adequacy studies to clients
- Maintain, catalog and make available technical information resources
- Work with WRC staff and industry on new reinsurance ideas and solutions
- Assist in coordination and cataloging of and responding to educational requests from clients and associations
- Member of WRC Executive team
- Refer feedback from clients to Reinsurance Department and other WRC Group entities
- Attend meetings to promote WRC and industry activities
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Sr. VP of Reinsurance and President & CEO.
- Assist in projects and seminars with other WRC Staff.
Computer programs required for position:
- Microsoft Office
To apply, upload resume below. Or send email with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the email subject line.