Reports to: Underwriting Assistant Manager
Non-Exempt (subject to overtime)
- Core – Customer Service, Teamwork, Ethical, Innovation
- Underwriting – Completes tasks per department standards, including turn-around times; makes decisions geared toward supporting our clients and business results, within given authority; maintains well-defined policy notes that contribute to transparency of decisions.
Other Competencies (knowledge, skills and abilities) required of candidates:
- Attention to detail
- Comfort making decisions within authority level and determining when sufficient information exists to make a decision
- Willingness to listen and, when appropriate, revise decisions as new information is obtained
- Familiarity with the concept of underwriting guidelines and qualifications
- Knowledge of key risk factors for personal auto insurance
- High school or equivalent work experience
- 3 years of experience in the Property/Casualty Insurance industry, underwriting experience preferred
- Having earned an insurance designation (IIA, CISR, AINS, etc.) preferred
- Provide courteous and professional customer service to agents and insureds.
- Take calls and answer voicemails from the CSR Hunt Group and Underwriting Hunt Group.
- Work tasks in 1st Otto-mation inboxes within 2 days of receipt, within established letter of authority.
- Assist agents and customers with billing inquiries and underwriting decisions, within established letter of authority.
- Enter or import premium payments for all lines in absence of Billing Specialists.
Other duties as assigned by management.
- Will need availability to work until 4:30 p.m.
Computer programs required for this position:
- Microsoft Office products
To apply, upload resume below. Or send email with resume to email@example.com and include the job title in the email subject line.