Reports to: Underwriting Assistant Manager
Exempt (not subject to overtime)
- Core – Customer Service, Teamwork, Ethical, Innovation
- Underwriting – Completes tasks per department standards, including turn-around times. Makes decisions geared toward supporting our clients and business results, within given authority. Maintains well-defined policy notes that contribute to transparency of decisions.
Other Competencies (knowledge, skills and abilities) required of candidates:
- Demonstrated ability to make decision on policies; occasionally with limited information.
- Demonstrated experience building professional relationships outside of immediate work group.
- Ability to analyze data for book of business.
- Commercial lines experience desirable: BOP, commercial umbrella, business auto.
- Project work experience desirable: requirements gathering or interpretation, test case writing, test case execution.
- An inquisitive spirit.
- 3 years of Property/Casualty underwriting experience required.
- College degree or Property/Casualty insurance license preferred.
- Provide professional telephone assistance to agents and insureds (including answering underwriting and billing questions).
- Provide agents with guidance in placing and rating risks, including making exceptions from stated guidelines within established authority.
- Generate and review reports for assigned agencies; create action plans for identified agencies showing indications of concern, including for annual agency review.
- Provide coaching on underwriting risks to underwriting and billing staff, review letter of authority referrals from staff within one day of receipt.
- Review referrals from claims in a timely manner.
- Create and maintain open lines of communication with marketing and claims personnel.
- Review renewal business prior to assigned due date.
- Review 1st Otto-mation Inbox tasks within two business days of receipt.
- Visit agents and travel as necessary (normally 10 to 20 days per year).
Other duties as assigned by management.
Potential for some remote work.
To apply, upload resume below. Or send email with resume to email@example.com and include the job title in the email subject line.