Reports to: Manager – Reinsurance Administration
Exempt (not subject to overtime)
- Core – Customer Service, Teamwork, Ethical, Innovation
Other Competencies (knowledge, skills and abilities) required of candidates:
- Possesses a strong attention to detail and proficiency with numbers.
- Manages multiple tasks effectively to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Analyzes data and provides solutions to problems.
- Maintains exceptional organization skills.
- Provides timely, courteous, and efficient service to clients.
- Proactively performs project support and administrative functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business (Accounting or Finance Preferred)
- CPA or CPA eligible
- Maintain the Reinsurance Database including clients’ contract terms, premiums, and underwriting/operational changes.
- Assist with new and renewal reinsurance contract cycles, including the rollforward of proposal spreadsheets, recasting claims, and quality control of proposals.
- Review the production of reinsurance contracts, including tracking and archiving pertinent data.
- Verify the proper setup and closure of large loss claims in the Reinsurance Database and OnBase, including the establishment of reserves and retrieval of supporting documents.
- Prepare reinsurance claims weekly batches for payment.
- Analyze loss detail from clients and prepare aggregate and catastrophe excess calculations.
- Maintain property reserves in the Reinsurance Database, including quarterly Data Report updates.
- Prepare revised monthly deposit schedules for clients as needed.
- Prepare year-end adjusted premium calculations and respond to related auditor questions.
- Assist with The WRC Group’s outgoing reinsurance renewal.
- Prepare and review clients’ catastrophe data for modeling and tracking specific claim events.
- Maintain detailed documentation of policies and procedures for Reinsurance Administration.
Other duties as assigned by Manager – Reinsurance Administration.
Computer programs required for position:
- Microsoft Office suite (including Excel, Access, and Power Point)
- Other advantageous technical skills, although not required: basic knowledge of SharePoint, OnBase, and reporting tools such as Crystal Reports
Other experience required of candidates:
- Minimum of three years working in a finance/accounting position preferred
To apply, upload resume below. Or send email with resume to email@example.com and include the job title in the email subject line.