WRC Competencies: Core – Customer Service, Teamwork, Ethical, Innovation
Other Competencies (knowledge, skills and abilities) required of candidates:
- High emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Loyal team player
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and tasks simultaneously and deliver timely and effective service to clients
- Self-motivated to continuously learn and apply new knowledge
- Internal drive to deliver excellent service to our clients
- Self-initiative and the demonstrated ability to work independently
- Demonstrated skill and understanding working with insurance coverages
- Good general understanding of insurance underwriting and loss preventions functions
Educational Requirements: College degree or equivalent work experience and 5 years property claim handling experience
Lifting Requirements: minimal
Overnight Travel: Extensive overnight traveling
Home Office: Maintenance of a home office or office. The company expects that work-at-home employees will make necessary arrangements so they can work when necessary without interference from some of the distractions that can occur at home, such as visitors, child care, or household duties. Although working at home can mean more flexibility for employees, WRC expects all of its employees, including those working at home, to project a professional image at all times to clients and customers. This includes such things as being available to take uninterrupted telephone calls when scheduled to do so and maintaining an atmosphere in which noise and distractions are kept to a minimum during work hours.
Corporate Vehicle: Use of a corporate vehicle. It is the employee’s responsibility to maintain the corporate vehicle and use it in a safe and legal manner. This includes the required use of a seatbelt while operating the vehicle. Employees must also maintain all safety features of the vehicle. If any safety feature is not operating properly, the employee is required to report this to their supervisor immediately and have the safety feature repaired as soon as possible. It is also the employee’s responsibility to maintain a valid driver’s license. If an employee is traveling for business or anytime while driving a corporate vehicle, the employee must pull off to the side of the road when sending or receiving calls by cellular phone. Employees must not talk on a cellular phone while driving. If an employee must use the cellular phone while driving, the employee must use a hands free method (such as a headset). Employees driving for business purposes or anytime while driving a corporate vehicle are not allowed to “text” or “email” while driving.
Company equipment: Use of company equipment. The equipment is the sole property of the company and must be maintained appropriately.
This position involves the handling of private and confidential information. It is expected that the employee will treat that information as private and confidential in accordance with the expectations and guidelines outlined in the WRC Employee Manual and any similar departmental guidelines.
- Assist as assigned in providing direction, education and assistance to client companies in handling property claims, including proper adjustment methods, investigations, and salvage and subrogation.
- Assist as assigned in monitoring reserve development and history of open reinsurance claims, including follow up after initial reporting and tracking potential subrogation activity
- Identify potential adjusting problems and assist clients in developing strategies to resolve difficult claim issues
- Identify and research trends that impact property claims and indemnity costs
- Assist in establishing best practices and responses for our clients to effectively manage claims
- Responsible for providing leadership and administration of the Catastrophe Assistance Program
- Assist clients in preparation of catastrophic claims situations
- Develop and monitor vendor performance and partnerships
- Maintain and develop resources and training materials for this area
- Other duties as assigned by VP of Mutual Assistance and Manager of Property Loss Consulting
Computer programs required for position:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and ability to work with technology
Other experience required of candidates:
- Presentation skills with small and large audiences
- Experience working with small mutual companies
- Familiarity with reinsurance
- Experience working with independent adjusters, claims experts and attorneys