WRC provides a variety of insurance solutions for mutual insurers and consumers. We are currently looking for an experienced Claims Representative for our subsidiary, 1st Auto & Casualty. We offer great benefits, a variety of flexible work schedules and options for working remotely (from Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota or Missouri) after initial training is completed.
Our claims representatives handle assigned claims with a focus on personal and commercial auto liability/injury, physical damage and medical payments. Assignments may also include homeowners, farm owners, business owners and umbrella claims. Handling claims includes:
- Obtaining the facts of the claim and reviewing coverage.
- Reviewing estimates, appraisals, police reports, medical bills and other documents.
- Regularly reviewing and developing familiarity with a wide array of policy forms and endorsements.
- Timely, clear and professional communication with customers, agents, vendors and attorneys.
- Frequently making and receiving phone calls.
- Working within your authority to timely and appropriately resolve claims and working with the management team on claims that exceed your authority.
- Using a variety of software to manage your work and document the claim file.
- Active participation in a variety of team meetings and training.
- Regular collaboration with teammates and the department.
- Regular 1:1, open conversations with your manager to discuss your role, goals and development plan.
- Systematic training approach to help you develop your adjusting skills and knowledge of the insurance industry.
- Proven track record of developing interested employees’ knowledge and skills to help them prepare for lateral or advancement opportunities.
- A natural problem-solver.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Able and willing to learn and collaborate.
- Comfortable with a fast pace.
- Able to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently.
- 3+ years of experience handling personal and commercial auto casualty claims. Experience must include bodily injury claim handling.
To apply, upload your resume below. Or send an email with your resume to email@example.com and put the job title in the subject line.