Reports to: Administrative Services Manager & Executive Assistant
Non-Exempt (subject to overtime)
- Core – Customer Service, Teamwork, Ethical, Innovation
- Claims Admin Support – Uses best practices and established procedures in addition to insurance knowledge for task prioritization and completion of work; uses resources effectively; demonstrates ongoing learning.
Other Competencies (knowledge, skills and abilities) required of candidates:
- Customer service focus
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Teamwork and collaboration skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively
- High school or equivalent work experience
Physical presence in the office is an essential function of this position.
This position involves the handling of private and confidential information. It is expected that the employee will treat that information as private and confidential in accordance with the expectations and guidelines outlined in the WRC Employee Manual and any similar departmental guidelines.
ADMINISTRATIVE/CLERICAL TASKS: LEVEL 2
- Perform multifaceted general office support
- Answer claims inquiry calls and take first notice of loss calls (1st Auto)
- Enter new losses
- Enter expense payments and process routine glass and towing claims
- Process incoming and outgoing mail
- Prepare, edit and send correspondence for claims representatives
- Prepare and/or review certified policies
- Make necessary contacts with companies/vendors to obtain required data to process claim
- Catalog recorded statements
- Order police reports and update systems’ data with info received
- Perform copying tasks
- Check voicemails of absent employees
- Coordinate between departments and operating units in resolving day-to-day administrative and operational problems.
- Participation in departmental Skeleton Crew (Satellite holidays and non-holiday work day office closures)
SPECIALIZED ADMIN TASKS:
- Transcription and Dictation
- Prepare specialty files for transmittal to vendors (e.g., suit files, subrogation, and recovery)
- Prepare, update and submit reports (status reports, reinsurance reports, adjuster weekly claims counts/stats, other departmental reports as requested/needed)
- Assist in updating and maintaining departmental letters, macros, forms/templates and procedures.
- Assist in organization and maintenance of Claims portion of the network
Perform other duties as assigned by Administrative Services Manager & Executive Assistant.
Computer programs required for position:
Proficient in Microsoft Office Products:
- Word: Creating, updating letters, forms and templates, creating tables, formatting including setting and modifying tabs/indents, outlines, table of contents, headers/footers, and page numbers.
- Excel: Creating and updating spreadsheets: adjust cell size, rolling column headers, multiple pages, creating and modifying formulas, importing data into a spreadsheet and creating tables and reports.
- Outlook: Receiving and sending e-mails with and without attachments, exporting e-mails and attachments as one document, as well as multiple documents.
Other experience required of candidates:
- Minimum of 2 years work experience as Administrative Assistant or similar position
- Typing Speed: minimum 65 wpm, 95% accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including ability to proof/edit own work
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Additional skills that would be helpful in this position:
- Proficient in Microsoft Word’s Quick Parts
- Proficient in Pathagoras
- Familiarity with property and casualty insurance terms
To apply, upload resume below. Or send email with resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the email subject line.