WRC provides a variety of insurance solutions for mutual insurers and consumers. We are currently looking for an experienced Administrative Assistant to work as part of a team of support staff for the Claims department of our subsidiaries, 1st Auto & Casualty and WASI. We offer great benefits and a variety of flexible work schedules.
Provides general administrative assistant and office support such as:
- Timely, clear and professional communication with customers, agents and vendors.
- Frequently making and receiving phone calls, including first reports of accidents.
- Entering payments, copying, entering data and preparing and editing correspondence.
- Processing incoming and outgoing mail.
- Using a variety of software to manage, prepare and document your work.
- Regular collaboration with teammates and the department.
- Regular 1:1, open conversations with your manager to discuss your performance, goals and development plan.
This non-exempt position has a 35-hour work week and periodic opportunities to work remotely after initial training.
- Training to help you become confident and skilled in working with our system, learning our processes and insurance vocabulary.
- Proven track record of developing interested employees’ knowledge and skills to help them prepare for lateral or advancement opportunities.
- Strong customer service focus with excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to proof/edit own work.
- Comfortable with a fast pace and a high volume of phone calls.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Able and willing to learn and collaborate.
- Typing speed: Minimum 50 wpm, 95% accuracy.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Outlook required.
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience as Administrative Assistant or similar position.
- No insurance knowledge or experience is required.
To apply, upload your resume below. Or send an email with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and put the job title in the subject line.