Reports to: Senior Vice President of Insurance
Department: 1st Auto Administration
Exempt (not subject to overtime)
- Core: Customer Service, Teamwork, Ethical, Innovation
Other Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities) Required of Candidates
- Experience in SQL required, Python and/or R preferred
- Prior P&C insurance experience preferred
- College degree required
- Degree in Business, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial or Data Science preferred
Expectation of Work in the Office Versus Remote Work
- Option to work remotely from Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois or Missouri, with an expectation to come into the office at least once a quarter for company and team-related events.
- Provide monthly performance reporting and insights to 1st Auto leadership.
- Regularly analyze the rating of all lines of business and present the results and recommendations to management. This includes extracting, validating, cleaning and using data from multiple internal and external sources to build data sets that allow for various types of aggregation and analysis.
- Conduct pre- and post-rate change impact analysis to ensure our products maintain a competitive position.
- Lead research and analysis of general market trends and competitive information related to products, coverages and rates.
- Produce meaningful reports, trend analysis and ad hoc data analysis and related activities relating to premiums, losses, underwriting, claims and other areas that support the business.
- Provide technical expertise and develop tools to make data and analytics more accessible to staff. This may include creating, updating or enhancing reports or dashboards.
- Act as data subject matter expert for any projects or vendors as it applies to 1st Auto.
- Assist other departments with evaluation/interpretation/review of data as requested.
- Other duties as assigned by Senior Vice President of Insurance.
To apply, upload your resume below. Or send an email with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and put the job title in the subject line.