WRC provides a variety of insurance solutions for mutual insurers and consumers. We are currently looking for a Billing Specialist for our subsidiary, 1st Auto & Casualty. We offer a variety of flexible work schedules and great benefits.
Our Billing Specialists are our insureds’ and agents’ primary resource for billing and payment questions. As a Billing Specialist, you would also complete a variety of billing and payment processing tasks such as:
- Handling a high volume of phone calls.
- Answering questions and explaining bills to customers and agents.
- Taking payments and processing refunds.
- Appropriately documenting and handling NSFs, non-payment cancellations, late payment reinstatements and collections within your authority.
- Regular collaboration with teammates and the department.
- Regular 1:1, open conversations with your supervisor to discuss your role, goals and development plan.
This non-exempt position has a 35-hour work week and periodic opportunities to work remotely after initial training.
- Training to help you become confident and skilled in working with our systems and learning our processes.
- Proven track record of developing interested employees’ knowledge and skills to help them prepare for lateral or advancement opportunities.
- Comfortable with a fast pace and a high volume of phone calls.
- Strong customer service focus and attention to detail.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently.
- Ability and willingness to learn and collaborate.
- Education, work or volunteer experience reflecting these skills and attributes. No insurance knowledge or experience is required.
- Experience with payment processing and a call center environment preferred.
To learn about benefits and a career at The WRC Group, see our Careers page.
To apply, upload your resume below. Or send an email with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and put the job title in the subject line.